JOB REFERENCE NUMBER 2020 AIX – 2025
BUSINESS AREA Government Solutions
FUNCTION Referent / Spezialist
LOCATION to be discussed
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is the trusted source for secure identity solutions for millions of customers around the world.
TASKS / AREA OF ACTIVITIES
- Determine and Manage the Sales pipeline of opportunities in the Assigned Territory, calling on existing and prospective customers to solicit orders and scout for new business opportunities. Identify new and future market trends and opportunities well ahead of the procurement exercise in order to position our client in the best way and early in the project cycle.
- Manage the Sales and Marketing activity in the assigned sales territory including but not limited to:
- Serving as the main contact point and coordinator between Company and Customers to negotiate, close and implement all contracts
- Taking over existing key accounts and prospects for GovID projects in countries in the assigned territory.
- Accurate reporting of actual sales revenue & forecasted revenue
- Follow market & competition activity in the Assigned Territory
- Coordinate & support MarCom activity in the Assigned Territory (trade shows, PRs, customer events, etc.)
- As part of cross functional and cross regional coordination: assist other sales teams and functional support groups (Operations, Supply Chain, Product Marketing, Engineering, etc.) when required by the Management.
- Report to and assist directly to the Vice President of the assigned sales territory.
- Synchronize & share where appropriate additional information & contacts with other IAM entities across the region leveraging relationships with the proper OEM’s, Distribution Companies and existing Corporate Accounts.
- Display or demonstrate our client’s Government ID portfolio & the company portfolio using adequate communication tools & channels (samples, project briefs, demonstration material, etc.)
- Assist existing or potential new customers in designing or proposing the right system and product. for various project proposals and bidding or other related pre-sales activities.
Follow & enforce our client bid management process.
- Enter new customer data and other sales data for current customers into our client’s customer database and other available CRM tools like SFDC which are deployed at our client.
- Provide timely submission of monthly contact reports, expense reports and other related action items as required by the management.
- Constantly strengthen customer relationship, investigate and resolve customer problems in a timely manner including deliveries issues, product support topics and other related issues. Prevent issues before they happen where applicable and always perform “post mortem” analysis aiming for constant improvement.
- Assist and provides product and technical feedback to internal groups at our client
(Project mgt, Bid & proposal mgt, Product marketing, Operations, Engineering, etc.)
- Oversee the sales booking and assist company in achieving strategic growth, sales target and regional strategic implementation.
- The Regional Sales Manager has a highly visible role in the company and in the Gov ID group. The Assigned Territory offers a wide array of opportunities for growth in Gov ID projects, especially the provision of integrated products & services and Turn key systems and solutions.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS /INTERESTS
- The RSM must have extensive professional experience in one of two industries:
- smart card technologies used for Government ID projects (national ID, passports, resident permits, driving license, etc.) or
- Government ID projects related to security printing or IT security systems & solutions industry (IT systems involving biometrics, .
- The RSM must have extensive experience in selling large, complex technical solutions.
- The RSM must have a complete & successful track record in Western Africa.
Additionally, candidates will have:
- An ability to establish strong and long lasting relationships at different levels in varied cultural environments combined with great communication and influencing skills.
- Project Management and people leadership experience (especially in cross functional environments).
- A good business sense and an awareness for the profitability of the contracts negotiated.
- An ability to solve conflicts & problems with active listening skills, creativity and a sense for reasonable concessions.
- An analytic sense and strategic vision.
- A long-term perspective, taking into account the complex realities of major accounts as well as their political dimensions.
- The ability to communicate and interact at all levels and be solution-driven.
- Experience in cultivating relationships and high level networks in Africa.
- Demonstrate care for detail in delivery.
- Due to the Assigned Territory’s size and diversity: the ability to travel 60-70% of time.
- The ideal candidate will show evidence of the following personal characteristics:
- Honest and loyal with the highest ethical sense and personal and professional integrity
- Patient and possess a long term perspective.
- The ability and finesse to work across cultures, with a variety of constituents, and inspire trust.
- A good salesperson, with a winner’s attitude; the ability to gain other people’s respect, enjoying negotiating and convincing, able to manage constructively confrontation and stress.
- Be an outgoing leader with an open, participative and hands-on management style and the ability to get things done as a self starter.
- Function as a team player with the ability to work with and through others in the organization.
- Have an orientation towards continuous business process improvement and operational excellence. Strong service orientation and international outlook.
- Be at ease and able to understand or advise clients on tactical and technical issues.
- University level education, ideally an engineering degree.
- Fluent English, spoken and written. Additionally another African language would be an asset.
The ideal candidate has a multicultural background and has lived and worked in different countries.
- Preferably based in Africa or Europe.
If you are interested in this position, either use
…send us your application documents to CVs@aixecutive.com, or
…call us at +49 89 99 650 750